Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Satu Cerita Menarik Tapi Dalam Bahasa Inggeris

The Story of a man and his street

Let me share with you, a short story containing five scenes with an analogy worst sharing.....

Scene 1:
I walk down a street, and there’s a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. It takes forever to get out. It’s not my fault.

Scene 2:
I walk down the same street. I fall in the hole again. It still takes a long time to get out. It’s my fault.

Scene 3:
I walk down the same street. I fall in the hole again. It’s becoming a habit. It’s definitely my fault. I get out immediately.

Scene 4.
I walk down the same street and see the deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.

Scene 5.
I walk down a different street.

The story made me think of some things that I have faced in my life. How many times must I fall into the same hole?......Wouldn’t I come out as someone who never learns, someone who is dense, silly, unintelligent, if I kept falling into the same hole, over and over again?

(Zabrina A. Bakar. 2007. Life is an Open Secret. Wise Words Publishing:KL)

No comments:

Post a Comment